Wearable technologies have taken the tech world by storm and are promising some revolutionary applications in the years to come.Some ideas around where these could be used.
- The agent at the boarding gate has a head up display just above eye level, which provides them with status information on the scanner and information on the passports and boarding passes that are being scanned.
- They could be used by roving agents who currently carry iPads, or by agents at the entrance to airport lounges to remove the need to physically scan boarding passes and frequent flyer cards.
- Airlines or airports offering wearable technology to passengers in the near future, but he does think that “flight attendants, maintenance personnel, flight crew and ground operations staff could benefit” from head-mounted wearable technology.
- Locating pallets and boxes in a warehouse.
- Location based or interest based notifications. Offers that are meant for targetted customers. Compare and contrast based on past demand.